Saturday, February 11, 2006

Abstract (Nucleus)


Here we have layer on layer on layer with no mud and some really well defined gradations.

This is another example of how I can paint using my new techniques. The reason why there is no mud must be due to the technique being fast to execute and therefore not disturbing the underlying layers of watercolour paint.

I love watercolour painting and I can't wait to get back to it soon. It's not enough for me to just slot one in when I can, I need days to psyche myself up and think about what I'm going to do and then know I have days in which I can completely indulge myself.

I recently reduced my pallette to about just eight colours. It made a real difference to how I think about colour and how to achieve certain affects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.