Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Impossible Watercolour Transitions.


Here is another impossible watercolour technique for you to ponder.

The size of this image is approximately 5.25 x 3.75 inches. Each coloured strip is approx .4 inches wide by 3.5 inches long.

Have you noticed that the colour changes in each strip. The leftmost strip has FU blue at the top and it changes to burnt sienna at the bottom. How can you do that? O.K. So you may get lucky once, but to get all of these looking fairly convincing on one sheet of paper must be impossible. Mustn't it?

I know what you are saying. That's easy. All I have to do is wet the strip on the paper, then drop in a bit of colour at the top and let it run down, then drop a bit of colour at the bottom and let that run into the previous colour. Well, go on then try it. As I said,"you may get lucky once" or even twice but I won't be convinced until you can do it repeatedly on the one piece of paper as I have done.

This is another of the impossible watercolour techniques that you will be able to do if you are following my New Watercolour Innovation project, where you will be helped to make your own Watercolour Charger tool for less than the price of a half pan of paint, and given tuition to show you how to use it to create some brand new watercolour techniques and effects, and, show you how you can have superior control of the watercolour medium. The most astounding bit about all this. It's absolutely FREE.

I have received a lot of encouraging feedback from many artists who have been following this project and I have to have a little chuckle to myself when I think of armies of artists in their striped jerseys and berets clearing the pet shops shelves of pet drinking bottles. Thanks for the feedback.

If you want to make contact to discuss this project, I'll be pleased to hear from you, I'm always open to new ideas.

Don't forget. Keep your brush moist and don't let the drips run down your ferrule. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.