Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I can't believe I did that.

Something's going on and I can't get to the bottom of it. It's weird. I think I'm regressing. I told you about my bike yesterday. Well today, things took a turn for the worse. It was a lovely sunny bright morning that was just begging for me to go for a ride.

Before I knew what was happening, I was sitting astride my bike, dressed in my cycling uniform, you know the sort of thing? Helmet, wrap around mirrored shades, 3/4 shorts, striped long sleeve shirt, hi-visibility vest. I was looking rather cool. I rang my bell (four dings) to let my wife know I was going. I made my way along the alley at the back of where I live and I had the sudden urge to go to the bakers shop, just down the road. For some inexplicable reason an image popped into my mind of me feeding ducks.

I got to the bakers and bought a small farmhouse loaf (nice and crusty) and then proceeded on my bike ride to the New River which runs through part of the Enfield Town Park where I fed the ducks. Oh! They were so sweet. Little tiny ducklings as big as my thumb. Mandarin ducks, Coots, Canadian Geese and their goslins. Ah! It made me feel so good again and it made me feel like a kid again too.

I can't work it out. A fifty six year old going on seven. I'm not going to fight it. I still have half a loaf left so you know where I'll be going tomorrow? That's right, but tomorrow I will be taking my secret weapon. I've been going through my cupboards and I've found my kite. Yippee! I just can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.