Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My Latest Painting. New Boots.



This is the result of my last couple of days work. I currently call it New Boots but I may change it, I'm not sure yet. The weather has been good and I have been out riding on my bike. It's been good to get away from the studio and blow the cobwebs away. I like my bike, it makes me feel like a kid again.

Pink Floyd. I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like, it's got a bell that rings and things that make it look good.

Those were the days. I bought a bell for mine last week, and then a helmet, and then some special cycling shoes and shorts. I'm getting obsessed. When I ride along the road, I ring my bell at everyone I see. It makes me laugh and makes me happy and puts me in a good mood for painting. You must think I'm bonkers.

8 comments:

  1. Like, ride on dude. Ride the wild surf. Surf the subliminal on your bike! One less car! You aren't bonkers. The zombies in Satan's Chariots are.

    Marvelous watercolour by the way, so you're obviously back on saddle in more ways than one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you are bonkers. I have a three-wheeled bike for going painting outdoors and when I go down a hill I pedal like crazy so I can go really fast. I have hit 44.9 km per hour so far. (I'm 66 going on 67.)

    Unfortunately, I can't see your painting yet as something is awry on blogger. Will look tomorrow.

    Ride awaaaaaay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, John, michale cross here. Yes, you are probably a little bonkers, but that comes with the territory, doesn't it? :-)

    Like your work's humorous quality. and I enjoy the Saatchi chats.

    I'll put a link to this from my blog which is LivingofftheGrid.blogspot.com

    (Named my blog after a large painting done last year.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Speaking of bonkers... my first name is spelled 'michael'. Must have had a little 'finger fit' on my first attemp at posting.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Guys. Take it easy Joyce 44.9 kmh eh? Fancy a race sometime?

    Thanks for your note Michael. I'll return the link compliment next time I go into settings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure I'll have you a race anytime, but it wouldn't be fair as you have only 2 wheels and I have three!!

    I like the intriguing look of Boots. It's wonderful what you do with the human body!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, you have a good illustrative piece of work in watercolour

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.