Monday, July 24, 2006

Visual treasure found in Ponders End.

I was riding on my bike looking for interesting places to paint in the future and I found this little gem. I was visiting places where I hadn't been for years and turned a corner to find this. It's an absolutely beautiful little scene which could quite easily have been the same two hundred years ago had it not been for the aerial.

This is the Mill Lodge which is situated just off of Wharf Road near the River Lee in Ponders End, Enfield. In the background you can see the old mill. It is still working today and has been owned by the Wright family for years.

Who would have thought a little treasure like this could be found in Ponders End, Enfield? Brilliant. I may get around to painting this one day.

Ponders End has been the butt of many jokes in the past, but hey, look what we've got on our doorstep. A little piece of history and it is visually quite stunning.





6 comments:

  1. Here are some links that I believe will be interested

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are some links that I believe will be interested

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
    »

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you the John Salmon who used to live in Perrymead? If so, I am glad to note that you have retained your interest in art. I used to live near the flour mill and I still think of it as a hidden gem in a wasteland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pat, I don't know that you'll ever get to read this as I saw your note quite by accident. Yes I did live in Perry Mead. Have we spoken before, are you the lady who is now in USA or Canada? Hmmm! I'm puzzled, but it's good of you to make contact.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.