Saturday, August 26, 2006

Intimate Landscape Tree Studies.

I was out on my bike on Friday looking for material for my Intimate Landscape series. I visited Hilly Fields where I found a brilliant scene which was on the track that leads to "The Fourteen Arches" which is a series of fourteen arches which supports a railway across a valley. It was in the midst of a forest type walk where there were some interesting tree formations. I've tried to capture the essence of the scene with these studies. I've simplified them as much as I can but I still feel there is a lot more I can do with these scenes yet before I'm satisfied.



1 comment:

  1. Yes, I agree with you about trees being interesting, living things. They get ignored, I think, just because they don't say anything (except for soughing when the wind blows).

    I like your interpretation here.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.