Friday, September 29, 2006

September 29th Paintings.

This is my work today. I am quite pleased with the light in these two paintings. Although Autumn is a colourful time of year, I can't say I am looking forward to the short days and long nights.

One thing I have noticed on my travels recently is that the Horse Chestnut trees are among the first for their leaves to turn brown and drop. It is due to the Leaf Miner Moth spreading a disease in all our Horse Chestnut trees. According to the authorities, it is due to the global warning. Our winters are no longer cold enough to kill these pests off. What a terrible shame. The Forestry Commission is very concerned because it may devastate the whole Chestnut family much the same as the Dutch Elm disease did in the past.




Autumn Morning, Hilly Fields, Enfield.





Autumn Mist, Whitewebbs, Enfield.

2 comments:

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.