Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Sunlit Trees. Hilly Fields.

I was particularly pleased with the way that this painting turned out. If you don't do watercolour, you'll have no idea how daunting this seemingly simple subject is. There are so many things to remember and decisions to make when painting, plus, speed is of the essence, sometimes I surprise myself that I can produce anything at all sometimes. When things go well you go through a weird period where your mind just empties and the painting almost paints itself in front of you. I could do with a few more of those if I could get them.

Anyhow, I like this one, It's impressionistic, it looks simple and it doesn't look at all laboured. I think it has all the signs of being a nice little watercolour artwork that I am happy with.

The trees by the way are on a track in Hilly Fields, Enfield and they are on the way to the Fourteen Arches Rail Viaduct.

I went back today to photgraph them again, but unfortunately there was no sun to break through the trees to dapple the ground. I'll try again later in the year.


4 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree with you about this painting. I'm sure you will be doing many more just as lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joyce, as another artist I think you'll agree that some things that you paint makes you tingle, no matter how mundane or seemingly simple.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.