Thursday, November 23, 2006

Some New Work.

Although I enjoy creating information for you (the readers of this blog), I have found a degree of success which prevents me from posting as often as I would like. Since I started painting my series of miniature romantic impressionist landscapes, I have been inundated with requests and commissions. The volume has grown to such a level that I am finding it very challenging to keep up with the demand. What a nice position to be in.

Obviously the first thing to suffer is my presence in the cyberworld and this means my time online is limited. I am still keeping my presence on eBay going at the moment as this has been a significant factor in getting my art out into the public arena. It has been a terrific education for me to watch as the public determine exactly how much they feel my work is worth. I have been very pleasantly surprised by what subject matter the public really enjoy and how much they are willing to pay for an original piece of watercolour artwork.

It takes courage (maybe, some would say a little madness) to spend a considerable amount of time creating an artwork, only to offer it for sale for the cost of a packet of 20 cigarettes. But, to my mind it's the only way to work. It can be quite scarey at first but by intelligently interpreting sales figures, hit rates and feedback, one can soon get a good idea of what people want. The customer is happy because they have only paid what they really think it is worth and I'm happy because I've been paid a reasonable price for my labours and my work is getting out to appreciative customers. It's win-win, all round.

Anyway, having a small break from my commissions, here are a couple of paintings that I completed in the last couple of days. I am hoping to get them onto ebay in the near future.


Whitewebbs, Enfield. Watercolour 5 x 7 inches.




Woodland Track, Forty Hall. Watercolour 5 x 7 inches.



3 comments:

  1. John, I'm very pleased to hear that your work is being well received and that buyers are recognizing your talent. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, congrats. I notice lots of people doing it, and it could be well worth the investment of time and energy to get set up. Nice pieces by the way, love those 19th century colour schemes and atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you for your success. Don't forget to provide free entertainment for us! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.