Monday, November 26, 2007

New Work.

Well, it's been a while since I have been able to add anything to my blog. 2007 hasn't been the happiest year for me and my family but I now have a little more time on my hands and my painting is getting up to speed again. I had to take a few extended breaks from my painting and found it really difficult building up momentum. However, I feel I am now back to normal and the whole painting process is beginning to flow almost thoughtlessly like it should.

Here are a couple of paintings from the last couple of days that I feel rather happy with. I'm still painting trees and feel that these two paintings capture the feeling I am striving for. They convey a warm sunny day and I particularly enjoyed painting the one with the exposed roots on the bankside. I saw this scene in a place called Trellowarren in Cornwall. It was near the entrance to a prehistoric stone age tunnel complex on a hill. The experts are not sure if the tunnels were used for grain storage or for defence purposes in case of an attack by a neighbouring tribe of warriors. Anyway, the scene inspired me to capture it in a painting and I'm rather pleased I did.

Hopefully it won't be too long before I can add more to my blog but if the choice is painting or blogging, then painting certainly comes first.



Bankside Trees. Mile and a Quarter Lane. Enfield.





Bankside Trees. Trellowarren, Cornwall.

1 comment:

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.