Sunday, January 20, 2008

Artistic Development.


Yesterday I was in my local Sainsburys supermarket looking through the section where they discount the goods with damaged tins.

I couldn't believe it when I came across three jars of Lumpfish Caviar for virtually pennies. How the world has changed. When I was young only movie stars and Royalty ate caviar, now anyone can. I don't like it though.

Anyway, About Artistic Development.

As an artist I need to keep pushing the boundaries of my art in order to improve and develop new art ideas. For the last couple of years I have been involved in watercolour landscapes and specialized in just that.


My roots had been from a more Surreal/Abstract leaning and I can feel myself being led down that particular path again. I have some ideas I want to try out so will need to try and marry the two disciplines for a while. It will be interesting to see where all this leads to.


Here are my two latest artworks. They are a bit manic and a bit genius. I hope you will like them. They are watercolour 15 x 11 inches.




North of Dagenham. (Barking).




Mad Donna and Child.

4 comments:

  1. John, I'm glad to see you back and painting these wonderful abstracts. I hope the new year brings many good things to you.

    You've been an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joyce and Corrine. Yeah been painting landscapes for a while now and just needed to let off a bit of steam with the abstracts. I do find it very hard though to empty the mind and just let things happen. It's difficult being out of control unlike the landscapes.Hope you are all OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Wanted to say that I adore your newest post on Wetcanvas.
    Beautifully done,,,hope you haven't changed anything about it!

    ~Babs

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.