Friday, November 28, 2008

Holding my hand out....

I'm holding my hand out with a view to helping local artists and art organisations in the London boroughs of Enfield and Edmonton. Over the years I have amassed a great deal of knowledge regarding the use of computers and the internet for displaying art.

I recently searched google for local artists and the results were dismally small. I know there are a lot of artists out there but I can't understand why they have not embraced this new technology.

I know that getting started can be confusing, and that creating a web presence is not as easy as it is made out to be. Therefore, if anyone in my area wants to have a chat about how they may be able to move forward in this arena, please get in touch.

We see some marvellous art here on the web, but I'm certain there is a lot more excellent work out there that should be made available to a much wider audience.

If you look over to the left where it says "view my complete profile", click on that and you'll find an email link where you can contact me. Come on, it's the 21st Century.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely to see such a lot of work from you again, John. I love the Lane.

    It always amazes me how many artists haven't got around to having a blog or website. It gives me enormous pleasure having somewhere to 'hang' my work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robyn, good of you to drop in.

    Yes, there must be many many artists out there who need a little nudge in the right direction. I haven't had any responses yet but I am looking to try and get the word out more locally.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.