Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Todays work so far.

This is my first painting today. My hope is to have two completed by the end of play tonight.



Turkey Brook, Forty Hall, Enfield. Watercolour 7 x 5 inches.


It's another in my intimate landscape series of paintings. By "intimate", my meaning is that it is a small close-up landscape rather than a huge panoramic vista which some people expect when they hear the word landscape. I'm more interested in the cosy little places that we stumble across which are a delight to the eye and would be an ideal spot for a sketching session.

Having a bicycle has given me so much more freedom to find these type of scenes. In the past, I could only drive somewhere and then be limited to what I could find on foot. It's great that I can carry ample equipment for sketching, with coffee and food loaded into a rucksack and panniers which would keep me happy all day. I'd recommend it if you haven't tried it, you can get to so many otherwise inaccessible places like this, and there is really nothing that can equal it on a summers day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.