Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Autumn Sunlight.

I've had a lazy few days after a couple of weeks of intense painting and computer housekeeping. When I say lazy that's not strictly true. I've been practicing my harmonica scales, learning about the circle of fifths and having a go at some blues shuffles. It's not easy but I am making progress slowly. I've also been playing an awful lot of chess and thoroughly enjoying myself. It's great because I can play the harmonica while I'm mulling over a chess move.

Anyway, in order to keep my hand in, I painted this little scene. I want to get more sunlight into my paintings in the future and this was just meant to be a practice run but I'm quite pleased with how it turned out so bought it to a satisfying conclusion.

I've decided not to sell anymore artwork for the remainder of this year. Whatever time I go to the local post office it's pandemonium and I can't be certain my paintings will be delivered on time. Therefore I intend to build up my stock so that I can start selling again in the new year. I'll miss my bike ride to the post office but it just isn't worth my while to hang around for an hour waiting to be served.


Autumn Sunlight. Watercolour 7 x 5 inches.

2 comments:

  1. Good to know I'm not the only painter/harmonica player out there. Exellent work again today.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.