Saturday, December 20, 2008

Fallow Buck Thickett.

Well, it's encouraging to know that the annual Christmas Virus Fairy is still able to make its rounds and try to infect as many people as possible with colds and flu before the festivities begin in earnest. I was laid low for a few days and didn't even have the strength to hold a brush. However, I was able to practice my art today and painted this as an attempt to get back in the saddle. Hopefully, I'll be able to crack on over the holiday period but I really do think there may be too many diversions to keep me from my studio. When I look at my "blog friends" painting output, I can only admire their fortitude and determination to provide us all with stimulating art for us to enjoy. Thank You and Seasons Greetings to all. Just in case I don't post to my blog for a few days.



Fallow Buck Thickett, Hilly Fields. Watercolour 7 x 5 inches.

3 comments:

  1. Hi John
    Glad to hear you are recovering. I am also on the edge of someting, but that may be xmas blues!!
    I must say your rest from the studio as not effected your skill. This painting is masterley and has so much atmosphere.
    I do enjoy your limited palette which makes your paintings reflect mood.
    Have a good Christmas
    Regards
    Trevor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John-

    Excellent painting as usual. I'd be interested to know what colors you used on your palette for this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting to see the lovely drawings as well as the paintings, John. Best for new year.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.