Monday, December 01, 2008

Turner Prize 2008

So Mark Leckey, has won this years Turner Prize.

He creates video installations and won the prize with clips from Homer Simpson and Felix the Cat. I really do think the Turner Prize has run its course now. I'm sure that poor old J.M.W. would be turning in his grave if he knew how his name was being associated with this annual wind up. The art establishment keep telling us that art has to be confrontational and controversial, well wouldn't it be controversial if there was just the slightest chance that one year there was an entry that was more than a conceptual idea and had some real skill and craftsmanship invested into it.

I'm sorry Tate, but the Turner Prize has lost credibility as far as I and I'm sure the majority of the population are concerned.

Anyway, here's my painting from this afternoon. I'm sure that J.M.W would at least recognise this as being a piece of art.



Turkey Brook near the Fourteen Arches. Watercolour 7 x 5 inches.

2 comments:

  1. Hello John. I'm communicating to you from the other side. Oh dear, What a pickle with the Tate. Love your latest series of paintings; art indeed.
    JWM Turner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey John. I agree with the guy up above. Like...above this post, that is...Really nice series of posts, great to see you churning them out and getting them up. I will visit regularly now I'm getting a bit more settled down. Best, C.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.