Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm Back.

It's taken a while to get back in the studio after the festive holidays but I am now buckling down to producing more watercolours. I had a number of little jobs I needed to deal with like producing a couple of websites and sorting out some computer issues, but it's all knowledge to file into the knowledge bank.

I'm now looking forward to the Spring when I can get out and about on my bike and find more inspiration for my painting. I'm looking to make some changes with my painting style but still want to retain the theme of intimate landscapes. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet but I will be aiming for a looser, more impressionist style of painting.



Turkey Brook, Hilly Fields. Watercolour 7 x 5 inches.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! We all want spring I think. Have you painted a winter scene? I'm wondering if one of your woodlands in greys and blues would work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I've been thinking about that myself. I want a bare oak and fog but - how to make it interesting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, John, we are waiting for spring, too, but it is a long way off. We've broken records for cold here (-30 degrees C) and more to come.

    I like your graphite sketches very much.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.