Thursday, January 29, 2009

More Sunsets.

It's weird how you can struggle with a painting and no matter what you do, it still ends up in the bin. Then at other times you can pick up a brush and the painting just appears before you without any angst or cursing. That's exactly what happened with these sunset paintings - as if by magic. I wish I could analyse why it is that these things happen. But maybe it's best not to know. That way I appreciate it even more when it does occur. Maybe the gods are smiling on me, maybe my hand is being guided by a friendly spirit - woooooo. I'll never know. I will now retreat into a feeling of smug self-satisfaction and pretend it's all my own work.



Tinky Totts Pond at Sunset. Watercolour 7 x 5 inches.


Salmon's Brook at Sunset. Watercolour 7 x 5 inches.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I really like the atmosphere of these paintings! You have captured perfectly the sunsets that I often see here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are great, but I especially love that second one! There's something about the background trees' softness in that one that is really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your glowing comments Joyce and Terry, They are very much appreciated. I must admit to being very pleased with these paintings. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoops! Thank you too Angela. Blogger just went kaput on me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are moody, lovely, who says you can't work dark with watercolour!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.