Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Woodland Sunsets.

After getting involuntarily involved in a never ending cycle of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for a friend, (If you have any sense, steer well clear.) I'm happy to get back to my painting once again. Funnily enough, the change of cerebral activity has helped me to find a slightly different angle to my subject matter and has prompted these sunset/dusk paintings. I needed a kick to re-inspire me and I think I have achieved that with these paintings. It will be interesting to see where this may lead.


Turkey Brook at Sunset. Watercolour 7 x 5 inches.




Hilly Fields Track at Sunset. Watercolour 7 x 5 inches.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely skies and trees! I'm glad you were kicked into another gear with your landscapes - it's fun to try new areas.---Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rhonda. Yes it can be fun trying new areas but it can also be hard work. The majority of my sales are to people who love trees and water. Trying to find a new angle from something I've painted a few hundred times before is so necessary otherwise the work and I get stale.

    Sometimes a slight alteration to your work and working method can pay dividends by opening up a new vista, sometimes it can be a frustrating dead end. Let's see where this one goes for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello John
    Hope you are well.
    These are fantastic. The colours are so moody. You style is so recognisable.
    All the Best

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your color choices in these new pieces. They are quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Trevor. I'll be visiting your blog soon to see how you are getting on.

    Hello again Cynthia. I emailed you just before Christmas regarding blogs and websites. I hope you got it because it was quite detailed and I don't want to write it out again. Unfortunately, my email provider folded and I won't be a able to retrieve a copy. Hope you are keeping well.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.