Friday, February 06, 2009

You Shouldn't Encourage Me.

In order for this to make any sense, please read my previous entry. I was thrilled to be asked to allow my images to be used on the Breathing Poetry blog. In my last blog post I thanked Nancy for the opportunity. In the same post I just happened to put a link to a soundfile that I created of me playing my harmonica. I was only doing it for a bit of fun. Well, I was completely knocked for six when Nancy came back to me and asked if she could put the soundfile link on her blog also, to accompany my art image. I, of course agreed. How could I say no?

Anyway, I have two more soundfile links for you. Once again, I am playing my harmonica especially for you. Something to listen to as you look at my paintings. The first one is Scarborough Fair and the second one is Autumn Leaves. Turn your speakers on and click the links. For those that know about these things, I used a Suzuki BluesMaster in the Key of "A" Third Position, for Scarborough Fair and a Suzuki BluesMaster in the key of "C" First Position, for Autumn Leaves.

The two paintings below are my last efforts. I'll be returning to the sunsets soon but I just had to do these so as I wouldn't forget how to use green. Have a great weekend everyone. I will because I'll be dreaming of becoming a pop star. Titter.


Cuffley Brook. Watercolour 7 x 5 inches.




Sadlers Mill Brook. Watercolour 7 x 5 inches.

4 comments:

  1. Yes you should be encouraged! Very nice harmonica work! And you know how I like your watercolours. I've already told my mom and a couple of others about your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' the "green" in these paintings, as well as your "new" tunes, John!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dream away, John. I so enjoyed hearing Summertime on the harmonica on this snow-and-ice-melting-finally! day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhonda I can't wait for Summer this year. It has been very cold. Our snow is melting but I fear we have more to come later in the week. Brrrr!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.