Thursday, November 19, 2009

Painting with abandon.

Evening Light was my first painting today and Secret Garden was my second. For some inexplicable reason I was able to let loose on that one and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I find it so annoying that I can't just turn that feeling on and off. It hits me at times when I'm not ready for it but this time I just went with it. I'm determined to do more like this in the future. I hate being too controlled and fussy, it stifles my painting instincts.


Secret Garden. Watercolour 7x 5 inches.



Evening Light. Watercolour 7x 5 inches.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely paintings, John.Its pretty difficult to do what doesn't come naturally!I have been trying to loosen myself , but keep falling back on 'control' and 'detail'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John
    Great paintings. Its amazing how you can do a very different painting, yet with similar sibject everytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the delicate ethereal look and the beautiful warm hues.Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some lovely works here John. Not heard from you in a while. Hope you're okay. This winter seems to be a barrage of rain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i envy you. watecolour is so hard for me, and i tell myself the more i practice the better i'll get, but i don't seem to have enough time to start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your input everyone. Sorry I haven't responded sooner - things to do. Building up for a big painting push soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Artist - time is important. It does take time to get to know watercolour. Take a look at my Watercolour Innovation link in the left panel on this blog. It may get you going in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing, your blog is worth reading, nice post. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.