Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Storm Damage, Forty Hill.

I've been asked a number of times whether I give watercolour painting lessons. This is something I may be interested in doing at some time in the future. The only trouble is, when I get "into the zone" I go into an automatic mode and the paintings simply appear. I'm worried that if I have to analyze what I do, in order to convey this to a student, it would break the spell. I think the best thing would be to just paint and allow the student to ask the questions that they feel is relevant. I'm not sure yet, I'll have to give it some thought. Hmmm!

As you may know I like to play my harmonica while I wait for my paint to dry. I wrote a piece of music for my Mum who died in 2007. It has taken me ages to figure it out. I have called it Lament for Marie. I'm saying goodbye to my Mum. It's not perfect yet but I'm working it up into a nice piece of music. I hope you like it.


Storm Damage, Forty Hill. Watercolour 7 x 5 inches.

1 comment:

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.