Sunday, April 17, 2011

Salmon's Brook Watercolour.

I had a lovely morning painting Salmon's Brook. Conditions outside were near perfect. No wind, warm and bright.

I was testing my outdoor painting kit and techniques. After painting at a small scale for so long I decided I needed to upscale for a while. Gone was the comfort of the studio, and my equipment was whittled down to the bare essentials. It was rather testing but I should be ready for a summer of watercolour painting out in the open air. Fingers crossed for decent painting conditions.



Salmon's Brook. Watercolour 14.5 x 10.5 inches.

4 comments:

  1. It was a beautiful day to be out... well here anyway :) A great painting too. The bigger size looks every bit as good as your normal work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Salmon.. Amazing paintings... I loved them :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.