Thursday, July 21, 2011

"Somewhere in Scotland at Sunset".

Yippee!!! I've just recently recovered from an irritating middle ear infection which lasted for approx eight weeks. I know we don't paint with our ears, but I was surprised at how difficult it was to apply myself to anything slightly cerebral with all that going on inside my head so I found myself not doing much painting.

Anyway, the other day I found a 5ml tube of Winsor and Newtons light red. It's a terracotta-ish red and I used it in the past mainly for warm orangey pink skies. I thought I'd loosen myself up and get back into the swing of things. I created six small watercolours. The first few destined for the bin because I'd forgotten how to paint and my timing was way out.

Well, I needed an excuse to get out on my bike and get some exercise (which I hadn't done for ages). I frequently went back and forth to the Post Office to post paintings so I thought I'd make another trip to the Post Office and send the best painting as a surprise to a fellow artist to say thanks for being so supportive over the last couple of months, and to get my badly needed exercise.

Well, you'll all be pleased to know I have second degree saddle sores,  my legs are as stiff as tree trunks and I can't move. Bwah ha ha!!!! I'm only kidding. At the moment things are looking good and I couldn't feel better.

I hope everything is OK with you too.

Right, Firstly, a bit of harmonica practice, then painting. See ya.


Somewhere in Scotland at Sunset. Watercolour 7 x 5 inches.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Samantha :o)

    I just came back to correct my spelling mistake. It's saddle and not sadle. Must cut down on my milk consumption.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reasons this reminds me really strongly of a comic strip. I want to see Flash Gordon there with a caption! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.