Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Lincolnshire Pea Field with Poppies.

Lincolnshire Pea Field with Poppies. Watercolour 7 x 5 inches.
Slowly but surely ramping up my painting activites again. Been in a bit of a lull recently due to other things demanding my time but I'm trying to manage my time more effectively. It's not that I don't have enough of it, I'm lucky to be time rich, but I just tend to waste it which is shameful.

My palette in this painting is ultramarine blue, paynes grey, sepia, sap green, burnt umber, quinacridone gold and a little touch of red gouache for the poppies.

5 comments:

  1. John, so glad to see you are painting again. This is a little different to your usual work…. It’s nice and evocative. Have you thought about mixing your own grey instead of using Payne’s grey? I don’t have Paynes grey on my palette any more…. sometimes I use Neutral tint, which is a warmer grey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping in Maggie. You are dead right. That Paynes Grey is cold, I believe its a mix of black and one of the pthalo blues, I can't remember exactly. I normally mix my own with burnt umber or sienna and cobalt or ultramarine but on this occasion I just dabbed into it without thinking. I don't have any more tubes left but what I have remaining on my palette will be gone soon. I must remember not to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always important to find some time for your art - looking forward to seeing what else you have up your sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really loving your work John, especially the wet-in-wet sky is brilliant. Thank you for sharing this, much apprecisted

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.