Sunday, December 18, 2011

Back in the woods again.

Back in the woods again. I've thrown myself back into my work again and it's only the thought of getting back into the woods again that's been keeping me happy. It's been a very challenging time in these last few months. I lost my youngest brother in the last month and my little cat Woger in October who was a sheer delight to be with for the last sixteen years. It's been a very hard heartbroken few months.

I have been able to paint though (just). Some of the images are just too painful and personal to put on my blog but the actual task of making them has helped me to exorcise the demons of the past. My life will never be the same again but over the last few days I've been able to paint the types of scenes which gave me so much pleasure in the past when things were ticking over nicely.

They are all Watercolour 7 x 5 inches. 













8 comments:

  1. John, I am so profoundly sorry for your losses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your landscapes are so very beautiful, and very sensitively created - a joy to behold. Thank you for posting them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about your loss, John.It must be heartbreaking.May you have the strength to carry on.
    These are some wonderful works, I hope you will keep painting, in spite of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter what, your art is better than ever. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou for your kind and encouraging words. They mean a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was sorry to hear of your losses John. I know how it is, and it's good to remember the happy times as much as you can.
    Love your style of watercolour, in some ways like mine. Your palette seems similar too. I shall put your link on my blog; when google allow me to sign in that is! Lol!
    Cheers
    John Walker (Brum)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear from you John. I'll be checking out your blogs soon. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.