Monday, December 12, 2011

Spectroscopic Therapy.

Spectroscopic Therapy. Gouache 11 x 7 inches.

As artists we can count our blessings. We are only really happy when we are creating, although at times it can drive us mad when the image in our head dilutes by the time it gets to the end of our brush. Even so, the act of creating is important when life throws it's shit at us. We can console ourselves and express ourselves in ways that many can't. We can get comfort and briefly escape reality by turning our attention to the thing we love doing.

This painting portrays (for me) darkness pre-birth, darkness at death and a narrow band of spectroscopic gaiety in between. It's our job to make that band of light and colour as wide as we can.

This is my therapy. This is what I feel I should do as an artist when words fall short of how I feel.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, you are so right, John! I agree on all points! Beautiful post! I am going to expand that band of color as much as I can in this lifetime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This image looks bleak to me, but that's winter for you! I'm enjoying these. Must create more! More!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.