Wednesday, January 18, 2012

David Hockney Landscape Exhibition.

I'm looking forward to seeing David Hockney's Landscape Exhibition at the Royal Academy. I'm really pleased he is re-popularising landscape painting. There is a lot of beauty in the English landscape which needs to be captured for the generations to come.

Here are a couple of my latest landscape paintings. You may be able to detect some of the influence that David has picked up on. I really must have a word with him if I see him at the exhibition.

Low Lying Mist. Watercolour 7 x 5 inches.

Woodland Track after the Rain. Watercolour 7 x 5 inches.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, there is a difference, John. Overall, your paintings are more open and brighter. No offense to your other work, but I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gr8 pictures.. I like the colours verymuch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John, I just found your site, beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John, I discovered your site during the fall and fell in love with your landscape paintings. I have visited so many times, looked at all of your past posts and admired your work.
    My only complaint? I want more! LOL
    Post more often, please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going as fast as I can Cynthia. Need a break occasionally to do my music and things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the limited palette and the simple but atmospheric tree shapes. English landscape is the first thing that lured me to watercolors -- I remember reading books by Roland Hilder and John Blockley and falling in love with it when I first picked up watercolor. I am a terrible landscape painter but I'm trying -- it's my first love indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.