Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Towpath.

 
 
I'm getting a bit worried. I seem to be going back in time with my painting. I like modern music, I like gadgets, computers and technology but when it comes to art I feel that a lot of the modern art leaves me cold. Maybe it's due to lack of skill, I don't know. I just think the old masters were real masters of their craft and were able to do so much with so little. Considering the materials and conditions they had to endure, I feel they did a fantastic job. Oh! I love Picasso though. He was so very inventive.

The Towpath. Watercolour 7 x 5 inches.



3 comments:

  1. Your landscapes are delightful! Keep painting them. Beauty always serves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Art seems to have trends just like wallpaper. At the moment loose seems to be extremely in vogue. Your comment about lack of skill raised a smile. I would love to be able to paint like you in the more classic style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou Charlotte.

    You're right Laura, wish I could loosen up from time to time :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.