Sunday, February 17, 2013

Trees and Ditch in Flash Lane.

I've been practicing speed painting just lately. I'm going to give a watercolour painting demonstration at the beginning of March and I will only have 30 minutes to paint a convincing landscape and actually try to make the whole thing entertaining. I'm not used to talking as I paint, I normally just drop into the zone and get on with it so it's going to be a bit of a challenge.
 
My waste bin has been well employed over this last week with my practice attempts which have gone wrong. I need to paint starting with a well wetted piece of paper and need to judge the drying times well in order to avoid runs and cauliflowers but, at the same time, not spend too long waiting for passages to dry a little. I have a river scene that I've been rehearsing so there will be clouds, trees, reflections and a little of everything to make it look interesting and bold. Fingers crossed.
 
This little painting is just a diversion and break from my practicing. It's watercolour 7 x 5 inches and is of the trees and ditch in Flash Lane, Enfield.
 

4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful and effective painting! Good luck with your 30 minute painting demo. I've done them in the past and it's not much fun. However, I'm certain folks will learn a great deal from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Katharine. I'm practicing like mad to make it a slick presentation. Hope nerves don't get in the way on the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could be there to watch you paint, John.This one is great, your treatment of foliage is awesome here.
    Best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's no secret Arti. I'm sure you can do it. Have you watched my videos where I paint foliage? It's all there :) Thanks for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.