Thursday, February 28, 2013

Trees, Stream and Rocks, Sunset.

For tonight's painting I thought I'd get away from my usual greens and use some of the other colours in my palette. I used, Quinnacridone gold, Alizarin Crimson, Ultramarine Blue, Burnt Sienna and some mud that was left in my mixing areas. This took approx 30 minutes which was all the time I had this evening. I like to work fast and furious because it stop me from thinking too much and allows me to be more spontaneous. I'm pleased with how this one turned out.
Trees, Stream and Rocks, Sunset.
Watercolour 7 x 5 inches.

3 comments:

  1. Ethereal almost. Makes me think of possibility & wonder what I'll find if I wander over that horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ethereal almost. Makes me think of possibility & wonder what I'll find if I wander over that horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Anna. I posted this one to it's new owner, Charles of Watermill Cottage in Yorkshire, just this very morning. I think he'll be very pleased with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.