Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Lakeside Track

Been trying to cut down my watercolour equipment to the bare minimum. This one was painted with a 3/4" synthetic flat for about 90% and a No 10 round and No 4 rigger for the remaining 10%. I just wish I never had so many brushes because I want to eliminate the thinking time that's wasted on deciding what brush to use. Just three would be nice but I doubt I'll ever whittle it down that much.

Lakeside Path. Watercolour 7 x 5 inches.

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about trying to simplify. Sometimes I use tools just because I have them.

    Hey I built a prototype of your waterer (is that a word?). I'm really getting used to it. Thanks for presenting it and all the info and paintings. You are inspiring.

    Setib

    ReplyDelete
  2. John you have reached the point where tools don't really matter much...you will turn everything into gold, no matter which brush you use :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Setib. Thanks for your comment. Good luck with the charger.
    Hi Arti. If only everything did turn to gold. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.