Friday, November 15, 2013

Branching Out. A change of direction.

I'm branching out in new directions ( yeah! about time) and want to bring something new to my work. I know at the moment I'm still stuck on trees and things but once I've sorted a looser style out, the subject matter will change too. Right or wrong, good or bad, I have to develop my art and get away from the safety of what I know people have liked and bought in the past. Your comments welcomed and appreciated. Thanks.


Branching Out. Watercolour 9.75 x 5 inches.

13 comments:

  1. Excellent work as usual. Love the lights and shadows. I understand the need to branch out, but I hope you never lose the style that I love - the walks through the darkened woods, the streams flowing through the mysterious trees, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks +Charles. Yes it's hard trying to leave the woods.

      Delete
  2. This looks awesome I see why it's been hard leaving this for something else. so many great details I keept looking for a good 5 minutes not bad in my hasty mood today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is almost whimsical John. I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super job here John!! Love the colours and the way the shadows pick out the ground contours. For me, this has a slightly surreal, dreamlike quality which is very absorbing. I really like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Everyone. You'll have to excuse me whilst I get used to this new commenting system.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to comment on my blog. It's good to get feedback, I really do appreciate it.